Sunday, November 21, 2021

Lightbulb Moments


Ahh my naivety...
Powerful yet emotionally draining
Reviewing life's highlights
Then memories
Both good and bad


Moving forward knowing that I'm not crazy. I've not been losing my sanity. I'm simply wired differently. 

Neurodivergent. 
Autistic to be specific I have ASD & ADHD and have spent four decades of my life in a creative whirlwind masking constant battles with suicide. I mean constant as in for the nearly every day that I can recall since 6th grade. At least 3 hours of every day was spent inside my head thinking about how much better the lives if those around me would be if I didn't exist. 

Looking back I find myself amused that my first doodle character that showed up in random drawings repeatedly was a 3 armed alien wearing an "I'm Human" t-shirt flashing the peace sign on one hand. And the first night I had alone in my first apartment was filled by making hundreds of buttons. All bearing two words. "I EXIST". 

I've always felt like I didn't belong anywhere. Now I truly understand why. 

I am not broken. 

No comments: